What Does the Alstroemeria Flower Mean?
The bold look of the alstroemeria hints at the depth of symbolism behind the petals. This tropical beauty means
- Devotion and mutual support, between two family members or friends
- Friendship on a broad scale from acquaintanceship to life long buds
- Withstanding the trials of everyday life
- Building your personal life by finding new friends and potential romantic connections
- Following your dreams and achieving your aspirations, both in a material and spiritual sense.
Etymological Meaning of the Alstroemeria Flower
Some flowers have deep meanings behind their names, but the Alstroemeria term comes from a simpler source. The flower takes its name from the Swedish Baron Claus von Alstromer, who discovered it.
Symbolism of the Alstroemeria Flower
Since this flower grows natively in Peru and only recently spread to other parts of the world, there is no meaning for the flower in the classical Victorian tradition. However, modern flower fans still assign the lovely petals plenty of meaning. It symbolizes the power of friendship and a mutual bond of support between two people. Even in the more passionate colors, the meanings remain based on friendship instead of romance. Some metaphysical believers keep the flowers around to attract new friends into their lives.
Alstroemeria Flower Color Meaning
Due to extensive breeding, this lily comes in almost every major color. Pink and red Alstroemerias show your warmth and affection towards a friend, while orange keeps you working towards your goals. Yellow, white, and blue express your concern to a loved one who isn’t feeling well.